Every parent has that one place where they take their kids when their at the end of their ropes. When your kids are climbing the walls and that you've watched The Lorax for the 500th time. When you've got to get out of house before you scream and you need to take them somewhere that … Continue reading Surviving The Summer: The Ice Cream Farmers
Baby Wearing The Second Time Round: Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
I couldn't baby wear with Frey, mostly due to my mental state at the time. You see we got a baby sling and I had visions of looking like some glorious earth mother when I wore it. The reality was every time I tried to use it I spent the whole time in a complete … Continue reading Baby Wearing The Second Time Round: Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
Sigi 1 Month Update
I can't believe that it's been a month since I gave birth to my beautiful baby daughter but here we are. Even though she's only a month old, I can already see parts of her personality starting to peek through. She's very inquisitive and much calmer than her big brother was at this age. That … Continue reading Sigi 1 Month Update
Frey at 20 Months Update
Frey is now 20 months, and is very quickly approaching his second birthday. That being said I'm not too worried about the terrible twos as they’ve already started. Although the tantrums only make up about 10% of Frey's behaviour, the other 90% consists of him being his usual happy self, with an eagerness to learn … Continue reading Frey at 20 Months Update
Can the Terrible Twos Start Early?
The answer is: Yes, yes they can. Lately I've become that mum, whose child lies on the floor of KFC, screaming his lungs out while he has his sixth tantrum of the day. All around me, people mutter under their breath about 'about kids these days' and 'people need to learn to discipline their children' … Continue reading Can the Terrible Twos Start Early?
Mother’s Day is tomorrow, So I just wanted to Say . . . .
Thank you to all the partners and coparents, the ones who share the mealtimes and poopy nappies. Who are there to tag us out, after we've spent the day singing 'row, row, row your boat' at least 50 times and have had to rebuild the train tracks multiple times after our little bundles of terror … Continue reading Mother’s Day is tomorrow, So I just wanted to Say . . . .
5 Things I want To Do This Mother’s Day
Mother's Day is fast approaching, and with that, I have had several people ask me what my plans are and I'll be honest, I don't have any but it did get me thinking about the little things that I would like to happen for Mother's Day. Not the big celebratory meals or flowers or gifts … Continue reading 5 Things I want To Do This Mother’s Day
Frey at 16 months Update
Frey is is now sixteen months and a proper little (although not that little) toddler. He's now walking and will happily babble anyone's ear off, unless Thomas the Tank Engine or Bing is on, then you're not getting anything out of him. He has clear favourites now (as I mentioned above), Thomas the Tank Engine … Continue reading Frey at 16 months Update
Baby Number 2 is on Their Way.
As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I'm currently pregnant with our second child. Me and the hubby are pleased and very excited, while Frey is still too young to understand what's going on. Although he does (on occasion) get a look of confusion on his face as he stares at my expanding stomach. … Continue reading Baby Number 2 is on Their Way.
To My Son
Today you turn 1. That's 52 weeks of smiles, laughs and more than a few tears from both of us. 365 days of sleepless nights and more than a little bit of caffeine to get me through the day 8760 hours of nappy changes, poop explosions and tantrums over bath time. 525600 minutes of watching … Continue reading To My Son